9 weeks in and our daughter HATES the car seat. Every time we drive somewhere, our car is engulfed with high pitch screaming (We’ve read that if you baby has gas, the car seat can make it worse. I’d scream too if I had the worst gas).
Because of this, we try to Metro every where and love it. After weeks of Metroing, here are the pros and cons:
- Public transportation is better for the environment and much cheaper than gas.
- It exposes you to all types of people in your city.
- The sound of the Metro puts our baby right to sleep.
- You don’t have to worry about parking. In this city, that is something.
- It takes longer on the weekends with the Metro’s adjusted schedule.
- Add 15 minutes to what Google Maps tells you because if you have a stroller, those elevators are out of the way and hard to find.
We’re just a few weeks in, but here’s to many more years of riding public transportation with our daughter!